Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Overdue

My apologies for the months of absence. It's been an unusually busy and fruitful period, highlighted by my engagement, in late January, to my long-time girlfriend and our wedding in Maryland on April 10th.

Non-marital highlights include continued coverage of classical music and the arts for the Courier-Post, including numerous concerts by Symphony in C, the Camden, N.J.-based training orchestra I profiled last year for Symphony, as well as the orchestra's Carnegie Hall debut. I've also touched on chamber music, opera, jazz, theater and dance in recent months, and I was even nominated for a New Jersey Press Association award, but was muscled out by a food critic who writes for a Pennsylvania newspaper. So it goes.

Another highlight: a freelance assignment for Chamber Music that is slated for the magazine's July/August issue. It's about social media -- Twitter and Facebook, in particular -- and their impact on the lives and careers of classical and jazz performers. Stay tuned for that.

More TK this summer after a trip down South for a wedding, including previewing a new classical concert series in downtown Camden and another Month of Moderns from the outstanding new-music chamber choir The Crossing. I'll try my best to keep an ear to the ground and, in all ways and at all times, make it new.

No comments: