Wednesday, November 19, 2008

News has a kind of mystery

The A-List in this week's issue of Philadelphia Weekly includes my preview of an event at the Central Library. Critic Alex Ross is having a discussion with composer John Adams on Thursday night, and even non-classical fans will find a lot to enjoy in what is sure to be a wide-ranging, energetic talk. Both men attended the same august institution in Cambridge, Mass., spent formative years in Boston and Berkeley, and listen to all varieties of music with passion and interest.

When I spoke with Ross last month, he wasn't sure whether he would be able to take in a concert while in Philly. Friday's matinee of Bruckner and Mozart at Kimmel is tempting, but I hope he might be able to stay for Friday night's concert by Network for New Music.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I didn't realize that event was this week. Adams was at our rehearsal last night and should again be there tonight, and he'll be back for the performances, so he must just be jaunting up there for the day.

In other news, I have a small quibble with your blog: I find all your hyperlinks absolutely maddening. I am forever clicking on the wrong one, and frankly I don't care about your library! Just link me to your copy and I'm a happy gal.